Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bringing Home Sarah (Part I)

So I left by Tony that Monday morning a very happy camper.
I had journeyed to the southland as I mentioned before to carry out this transaction and I was quite pleased with myself. One could say I felt like I ate cake.

I had noted that the car was below half with fuel, and so I asked Tony how to get to the nearest gas station. He rattled off some directions and I figured, hey It's Trinidad, I can't get lost.

I suppose one can only be so wrong about getting lost. In my case I was plenty wrong.
So I set forth in my Blue Turbo II Series 4.5 RX7 in search of fuel. On a quest to quench Sarah's thirst.

And I drove and drove and turned corners and saw fewer people and more greenery and less buildings, and more shrub and less concrete but I was still thinking, I must be approaching it soon.

I figured, look I have a bit of gas, I have my cellphone and so what could be an issue?
I glanced over at my phone to be greeted with a No Signal icon.
Not the best of graphics to encounter whilst on a road trip with little sense of direction.

But I kept going, until I came to a set of traffic lights at a junction.
I figured I'd turn right and head into whatever town, and look for a gas station.

As I was turning I read the sign which indicated to me that I was in Debe.
I thought to myself, but that is not exactly close to where I was in San Fernando.
Say what I figured, worse case I'd enjoy some alloo or challoo pies and the famous doubles. (These are tasty Indo-Trinidadian savoury delicacies for the non-Trinidadian readers. Debe is famous for doubles.)

So not too far in, I spotted a gas station and pulled in.
Now to find the gas tank lever, without looking like a complete noob or as if I stole the car.
I look around and thankfully pull the gas tank lever and not the hatch glass.

The attendant fills it up and I ask how to get to the highway to head to town.
He says, take the Ring Road by the lights and keep going.
So said, so done. I kept to the road, still no signal, but with faith in fresh fuel and that lovely rumble from the dual exhaust I set forth boldly.

I was feeling like Captain Dré of the RX Enterprise

"Mazda - - - - the Final Frontier.
These are the voyages of the RX7, Sarah.
Its mission: to explore strange, new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."
Starring: Dré as Safeq

And then I hit that highway, and let loose to see what that baby could really do...


If you like how the story is progressing,
Leave Comments below or

Follow me on Twitter: MyRX7Story

Next: Bringing Home Sarah (Part II).

Previously:
Rotary Owner and Loving It.
Is She The One? (Part II)
Is She The One? (Part I)
Rotary Revealed
Frustrated Wannabe Amateur Tuner
Navigating The Financial Labyrinth
European Exodus
RX7 Genesis

See pics:

My RX7 Story Facebook Page


Follow me on Twitter: MyRX7Story

Email me at safeq@myrx7story.com

2 comments:

  1. D gas station attendants woulda been right to figure dat yuh tief d ppl car...I eh hear nutten bout a transfer of ownership nowhere in dis story? Lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thankfully they didn't call the popo

    Transfer was scheduled later.

    ReplyDelete