Monday, March 15, 2010

RX7 Genesis

My name is André, aka Dré or Safeq.
I live in the twin island republic, Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean.
I drive a 1991 red Mazda RX7 Second Generation Series 5 Turbo II coupe.
Her name is Ruby.
Presently she has an automatic transmission but that is scheduled to change.
Will update as that goes on.

This is my 4th rotary powered vehicle between 2006 and now.
I'm sure you're curious if you're here on this site to find out, well how did all of this start?
Well I hope you do enjoy the story.

Well let's see, the beginning.
I used to drive a European vehicle, french actually, a green Peugeot 306.
I got her in Jan 2004 and I called her Josephine.
She was a very loyal car, a bit expensive to maintain but very loyal.

The first problem I had with her was the fuel pump failing one evening after work.
I had to get the car towed up to my home and my mechanic, Bailey came and worked on it.
Other than that, I had a battery failure and had to replace the centre console, right triangular window pane and cd player after thieves broke into her a Sunday morning.

I must say that the handling on that car is the sweetest I have had for a Front Wheel Drive, FWD, and I do miss some elements of that.
Very good stock suspension also, Mac Pherson Struts.

Well the one "major" issue she did have was with the Porsche designed auto adaptive transmission which would hesitate from going into first gear properly from second upon deceleration.
And then you would have to pause, rev the engine a bit and it would then buck/jerk forward into first.
It was manageable but got to be a bit annoying at times.

I got an opportunity to sell her in mid 2006 and took it and decided to learn more about cars.
Because of my experience with the European autos, and since it was going to be an experimental journey, I figured my best bet was to look for a good Japanese candidate to make my laboratory.

So the search began....


If you like how the story is progressing,
Leave Comments below or

Follow me on Twitter: MyRX7Story

Next:
European Exodus

See pics:

My RX7 Story Facebook Page


Follow me on Twitter: MyRX7Story

Email me at safeq@myrx7story.com

No comments:

Post a Comment