Monday, March 22, 2010

Is She The One? (Part I)

They say, yes they, and don't ask me who they are, because there is always some they who say things that people take as gospel
But anyway, as I was saying, they say that no account is complete without the love story.

I suppose there must always be that struggle to define one's humanity.
There must be that never ending desire for more than oneself, a longing to find a kindred spirit to share exploits of cars slaughtered on the tracks, or the rally stage.

To have someone to help with the oil change, or the tear down and rebuilding of gearboxes, someone to be there with you in the grease and dust and grime of the underbelly of this pursuit of automotive nirvana.

I guess one can always dream.

Because though, throughout history another they have always said that, behind every great man is a great woman, that same they has never said that, behind every car man is anything other than exhaust.

I suppose that may be, because any woman who stands behind any man in a real sports car is usually of the deaf variety, and looks more like she can bench press the man than he can carry her over the threshold of love.

So bearing all this in mind, I think it fit to spend a couple moments on my quest for a kindred spirit in the midst of this RX7 madness.

When I last left off, I had settled on pursuing a 2nd Gen RX7 having been exposed to a fire breathing dragon 3rd Gen in Sangre Grande.
This was in mid September 2006.

Almost a year prior to this, in Oct 2005 I met the most beautiful woman in the world.
We met through a mutual friend, Sonia whilst this woman was completing some studies in Barbados.

You may ask well how dat happen, since I live in Trinidad but is one Caribbean and we integrating long time.

Now this girl, didn't like cars that went fast, but I didn't know this at the time.
We were just getting to know each other. I was however made aware of this subsequently.

So jump forward a year now, when I am contemplating this automotive pilgrimage and it's becoming clearer that this girl isn't like the others and may be that kindred spirit.

But I'm still balancing this desire to know more about cars, and cars of the Mazda variety.

So when I was contemplating the 3rd Gen and the machinations required to procure such a wonderful piece of machinery I was balancing the fact that if this girl is the One that They spoke of, and if this Rotary Experiment failed on me I may just miss the love boat.

So I knew I had to be as careful as one can be, given all the circumstances.

If you like how the story is progressing,
Leave Comments below or
Email me at safeq@myrx7story.com

Next: Is She the One Part II?

Previously:
Rotary Revealed
Frustrated Wannabe Amateur Tuner
Navigating The Financial Labyrinth
European Exodus
RX7 Genesis

See pics:

My RX7 Story Facebook Page


Follow me on Twitter: MyRX7Story

Email me at safeq@myrx7story.com

No comments:

Post a Comment