Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Frustrated Wannabe Amateur Tuner

So where did I leave off...
Right I was frustrated...
I had the downpayment, the process had been going fine and then bam, completely collapsed from under me.

So no Primera it seemed.
No Peugeot since that was already gone.

So what could I possibly check out?

Well let me jump back in the past a bit just before the Primera episode.

Not too long after selling the Peugeot, I had checked out what I thought would be a good option.
A Toyota Altezza, 6 spd manual, Beams engine. IS 200 not RS 200.

Well how did I reach from a 306 to consider an Altezza?
Well plain and simple just around the time I sold my Peugeot, one of my boys,Sean bought one, a RS 200 tiptronic business.
So you'd think well I just went looking for one.

No actually, as impressed as I was with the car at that particular stage of my journey I was contemplating going diesel also and had checked out a Nissan Frontier.
I heard some stories about issues with those from a mech, and so figured I'd just widen my scope and look at Ford Rangers also.

It was in looking through the paper a day,for available Rangers that I just happened to see an Altezza for sale.
So because I had nothing to lose, I said hey lemme go and jess check it out and gape at the car lil bits.
Yeah I've always loved cars, so sometimes a good gape is just what the automotive soul needs.

Yeah I know what you might say, I wrote
Ode to a Classifieds Forum Piper, so what am I doing gaping
But as I mentioned in the post, I am guilty of the same thing sometimes.

So yeah I went to check it out, and it was owned by a young lawyer.
It was in immaculate condition and well maintained.
We went for a test drive and it was cool.

I figured hey, what's the worst that can happen if I check out a loan for this.
I wasn't too sold on the thought but figured I'd give it a shot.
So I told the guy I'd see what my options looked like and call him.

I think that was like Monday round lunchtime so. It was a rainy day.
Went and played football with the fellahs from the office the Tuesday afternoon

Wednesday morning I wake up not feeling too well
Gone to the doc, and boom I have Chicken Pox.

Ah say well yes!
So I called the lawyer to alert him in case he never had pox right.
And explained well I can't really go checking out no loan with pox so after 2 weeks I could pursue.

He said well, we'll see how it goes.

2 weeks passed and would you believe the very day I get cleared by the doc, the car sold to someone else?

I say well it just wasn't for me

But it was during my sick time that I saw the post for the Primera and checked it out post Poxness.

So yuh understan now how I jess (just, for non Trinidadian readers) frustrated.

I get Pox while trying to go after one car.
I get loan issues pursuing another

So what am I to do now?


If you like how the story is progressing,
Leave Comments below or

Follow me on Twitter: MyRX7Story

Next:
Rotary Revealed

Previously:
Navigating The Financial Labyrinth
European Exodus
RX7 Genesis

See pics:

My RX7 Story Facebook Page


Follow me on Twitter: MyRX7Story

Email me at safeq@myrx7story.com

No comments:

Post a Comment