Monday, March 15, 2010

European Exodus

So as I pointed out in my last post, I had lived in the European automotive world for about a year and a half and had a very good experience with my first car.
I did have a lot of fun with that car, and she was cool with a sunroof, cd player and good sound system.
Enough speed for me at that time, and pretty much a good bit of things a young male driver could want :)

But when I sold her I wanted to learn more about cars, and couldn't afford to learn on the European platform and so opted for Japanese.
My "problem" was to find the right one.

So I searched on a local automotive website, that my friend Juma who does Wedding photography,
FlowFoto , told me about.
It's Trinituner.Com
You can check it out some time and see the kinds of things happening in the automotive world here in Trinidad.

So being a noob in the automotive game, I figured my best bet was to go with the most popular automotive brand locally, which would be Nissan.
Now being the most popular, ensures accessibility of parts but also can make your car a target for thieves for the very same reason, high demand for used parts.

So I figured, ok Nissan but not an Almera, because one it may be easily stolen and two, my Dad already had one and how cool is it to be getting into learning about cars and your car being no more distinct that your Dad's.

So I came across
a black Nissan Primera
, UK Spec and decided to check it out.
I loved it from day one. The pictures on trinituner did not do the car justice.
She had what at that time I thought was a throaty exhaust, a bit deeper than I was accustomed to.
Compared to a car I got later on that my Mom was sure used to "Raise De Dead", a 1st Generation RX7 with a 12a brideported engine,
this Primera
didn't make too much of a peep.
More on that 1st Gen later.

So the owner, a guy called Jason and I chatted about the car.
He really takes care of his cars and I'm still impressed by the condition.
We went for a test drive and I was sold.
So the only hurdle I had to cross was to line up the finances, because I would need a loan and the money from
Josephine, the Peugeot 306
would be the down payment.


If you like how the story is progressing,
Leave Comments below or

Follow me on Twitter: MyRX7Story

Next:
Navigating The Financial Labyrinth

Previously:
RX7 Genesis

See pics:

My RX7 Story Facebook Page


Follow me on Twitter: MyRX7Story

Email me at safeq@myrx7story.com

No comments:

Post a Comment